Sciatica Pain Yoga Pose Relieve Pain in Your Pelvis. If you suffer from pain that radiates from your lower back and down your leg, you may have sciatica. Here are seven simple, relaxing yoga poses for sciatica pain relief.
Sciatica Pain Relief
Sciatica refers to pain that flows down the path of the sciatic nerve that runs from your lower back to the hips and buttocks and down each leg. In about 90 percent of cases, sciatica is caused by a herniated disc with pressure on the nerves, spinal cord, and injury.
Sciatica can be caused by prolonged activities, such as:
- Sitting too long
- Carrying heavy loads
- Obesity factor
- Age factor
- Sick of diabetes
The most common symptoms include:
- Radiating pains between the lower back and the ribs (although they can occur anywhere along the sciatic route)
- Weakness on the affected side
In most cases, sciatica can be resolved with inactive cases within a few weeks.
Sciatica Pain Yoga Pose Relieve Pain in Your Pelvis. Yoga has been shown to be safe and effective for the treatment and prevention of sciatica. Pain, tenderness, stiffness, difficulty walking, and pain during forwarding bending can be greatly reduced with the use of yoga asanas (poses). In particular, yoga stretches your lower back, hamstrings, and external hip rotators can help you feel better and can help relieve stress on your nerves.
Use these Sciatica Pain Yoga Pose to relieve your sciatica. All you need is a yoga mat!
1. Embryo’s Pose with 10 Breaths – Sciatica Pain Yoga Pose
Sciatica Pain Yoga Pose Relieve Pain in Your Pelvis. Sitting often can lead to lower back pain that can cause sciatic nerve compression. This relaxing yoga pose relieves tightness in the lower back and glutes, reducing pinching.
- Start on your hands and knees in a table position. Bring your feet together and close your toes.
- Sit your hips back on your heels and move your arms forward until your chest rests on your thighs and your forehead touches the floor.
- Once your forehead is on the ground, lower your hands to the ground along with your legs so that your hands reach your feet. Point your palms up. Hold for 10 breaths.
2. Bridge Pose with 8 Breaths
This position helps to stretch the hip flexors while strengthening the spine to help avoid the injury that causes sciatica.
- Start by lying on your back with your knees bent and your feet on the floor. Place your hands on the floor next to your body with your hands facing down. Keep your feet hip-width apart and move them close to your body.
- Press your palms to the floor as you inhale and exhale to lift your hips toward the ceiling.
- Hold 8 slow breaths in and out through the nose, then slowly move back to your spine in time.
3. A Dove with 8 Breaths – Sciatica Pain Yoga Pose
Sciatica Pain Yoga Pose Relieve Pain in Your Pelvis. This relieves tightness and pinching of the sciatic nerve by releasing the lower back, glutes, and hips.
- Start in a plank position on your hands and knees.
- Take your right leg and bring your shin forward so that it passes over your mat. Place your right knee behind your right hand and keep the leg slightly bent. Extend your left leg back behind you with your toes relaxed. The leg should be straight in line with your left hip. You should feel a stretch in your right hip on the outside and back.
- Lift the chest and inhale to get a long back. Then, exhale and move your arms forward to the top of the mat. Tip: You can sit on your hands or if you feel open, down on your forehead. Hold for 8 slow breaths.
4. Supine Figure 4 with 8 Breaths on Each Side
This stretch relieves pressure on the sciatic nerve by stretching the glutes, piriformis, and lower back.
- Start by lying on your back. Bend your knees and place your feet on the floor, hip-width apart.
- Bend your right knee and place your right ankle on top of your left knee on the thigh. Now, take your left leg and cross your right hand through your legs and join your hands behind your left thigh.
- Keep your head and shoulders down as you hug your left thigh. Keep your right knee open so that you feel a stretch in your right hip and back. Hold for 8 breaths and switch sides.
5. Baddha Konasana with 8 Breaths
Sciatica Pain Yoga Pose Relieve Pain in Your Pelvis. This simple yoga pose relieves back and hips tension.
- Start sitting on your mat.
- Bend your knees and bring your feet together. Now, allow your knees to drop out of the butterfly position.
- Breathe to keep you tall and lengthen your back. Then exhale as you move your arms forward and fold your thighs. Hold for 8 slow breaths and sit slowly on the exhale.
6. Janu Sirsasana with 8 Breaths on The Other Side
This pose relieves hip stiffness and spasms and also opens up the hamstrings. This can help those suffering from sciatica to improve their range of motion and ability to move forward.
- Start sitting on your mat. Extend your right leg in front of you and bend your left knee. Place your left foot on your right inner thigh or calf.
- Sit tall and breathe to get the length of your back. Raise your arms up and pull your navel in to engage your back.
- As you exhale, bring your hands and chest forward to touch the bottom of your right foot. Bend your right knee as needed to reach your foot. Now, continue to fold your right leg with a long back. Hold for 8 slow breaths, then switch sides.
7. Crossed Ankle Forward Fold with 8 Breaths on Each Side
Sciatica Pain Yoga Pose Relieve Pain in Your Pelvis. This pose relieves tension in the lower back, hamstrings, tensor fascia back, and gluteus medius – helping to prevent or reduce pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Start by standing on your mat. Cross your right ankle in front of your left and plant both feet on the ground.
- Bring both knees together and wrap the front over your thighs with a flat back. Bring your hands down, bending your knees more than necessary. Tip: If you have trouble reaching the floor, use a yoga mat for support.
- Move your arms to the right to feel a deep stretch in the left hip and hamstrings. Hold for 8 slow breaths and bring your hands back to the center and slowly stand up. Change sides.
Easy Yoga Poses to Reverse Bad Posture this will help you strengthen the muscles making you slouch, and making good posture ineffective.
Breaking News for Women
This Simple, Daily Practice Flips ‘ON’ Your Body’s Natural Fat-Burning Mechanism “Mindful Body”. Discover the ‘Mind-Body-Metabolism Makeover’ That Creates a Lighter, Thinner, Happier YOU!
Mindful Body Finally Puts YOU Back In Control…
- In your efforts to lose weight, I don’t know what you’ve tried.
- I don’t know how many grueling diets you’ve been on.
- I don’t know how many exhausting exercise programs you’ve tried.
What I do know is Mindful Body is the missing link for anyone struggling to lose weight (and keep it off). The reason is disarmingly simple to Click Here for More Detail about the Mindful Body.